A B O U T
|Welcome! This is a community for fans of the CBS show Hawaii Five-0. Images from the show and its actors will be posted each week. You'll have the opportunity to design your own icons based on the pictures provided. Voting will take place at the end of each challenge to decide which icon people like the best. Banners/awards will then be created for those who achieved a placing in the challenge. Don't take yourselves too seriously, and remember that icons are love.|
You do not need to be a community member to participate, but this may change in the future. Please read the rules before joining.
C U R R E N T W I N N E R S
E N T E R I N G & V O T I N G R U L E S
|Please note, the rules may change with specific challenges.|
001. Use the pictures provided (you can use the same picture more than once if desired)
002. The number of allowed entries will typically be ten unless otherwise stated
003. No animation allowed (as not everyone has access to animation programs - however, blending is allowed)
004. You MUST use the images provided (unless otherwise specified)
005. Do not plagiarise. Do not use previously made icons. The icon must be all your own work (this does not include brushes or textures you use, just the creation of the icon)
006. Icon submissions must remain anonymous. Please do not post your icons anywhere else until after results have been posted, and do not tell anyone which icon is yours. Cheating sucks
007. Follow basic LJ requirements - 100x100 pixels and under 40kb, .jpg, .gif, or .png format
008. Images must be hosted on your own server. I recommend Photobucket, ImageShack or TinyPic, but anywhere else is fine too as long as your images can be posted
009. Post your icon(s) in a comment on the challenge entry. Put the image and the url of the icon in your comment. They will be screened. You must enter before the challenge ends. They will usually last for a week. Also, do not post your icon anywhere else until the challenge is over
010. Submit your challenge entries in this format:
011. When it is time to vote, you must vote for your top three icons. No more. No less. There may be special categories, such as Best Text, or Best Use of Picture on certain challenges
012. You may only vote once. And you cannot tell your friends to vote for you. That's not fair. And though life itself is not fair, I'd like this community to be as fair as possible
013. If you are interested in using one of the submitted icons on your personal journal, please comment on the voting post and I will get ahold of the creator and make sure that's alright.
014. Most importantly: Have fun!
S C H E D U L E
|Challenge Posted: Sunday/Monday.|
Challenges end: The Monday of the second week (each fortnight).
Winners announced: Friday - Saturday, depending on ties.
Banners posted: Following Monday at the latest.
A W A R D S
|Awards will be given to first, second, and third place winners based on points. Each voting poll will allow members to select their choice for First, Second, and Third place. First place votes count for five points; second place votes count for three points; third place votes count for one point. The amount of points each icon earns will determine First, Second, and Third places.|
Special categories that may show up depending on the number of entries. These will be outlined in the voting entry.
A F F I L I A T E S
|Community Mod - aotearoagal aka a_gal_icons|
Sister Communities - mcshep_icontest ; sga_icontest ; a_gal_icons
C R E D I T S
|Images for contests taken from: Screencaps at Aithine, Swannees Place, a_lot_of_heart, crystalcaps, gallicka, midnight_road, toxic_caps.|
Community header image created by deedo_2313.
M O D E R A T E D B Y aotearoagal